The parish church of St Stephen’s was built in 1882 to replace a wooden church, which was located in the field now used for allotments alongside Keighley road, and had been used since 1869. Before the wooden church Steeton inhabitants travelled to St Andrews Church at Kildwick for services.
Park House, (where Pot Lane meets Halsteads Way) is another grand old Steeton house, which has now been converted into separate flats. During the Second World War, Park House was commandeered as a York Diocesan Maternity Home for unmarried Mothers.
It was built in 1888 & the Primitive Methodist Chapel a year later in 1889. The old Primitive Methodist chapel was located on the area of land between the present school and the main road, currently used as the school’s playground.
It became dilapidated and was demolished around 1975.
On Chapel lane also had to be demolished in 1988 owing to increased maintenance costs, but a new chapel was incorporated into the old chapel Sunday School building, which was alongside the site of the old chapel.
By 1859 the members of the Primitive Methodist Chapel had outgrown their cottage and had bought a plot of land in Parsley Green from Peter Barrett, millwright, on which to erect a chapel or meeting house. Which was completed in 1861. The original Chapel was built on the site, which now holds the Church Hall. By 1968 the upkeep of the 1872 Chapel was causing concern for a smaller congregation and after much heart searching the building was finally demolished. A new Chapel was created within the Sunday school building.